Health and Safety Policy
OUR ORGANISATION IS COMMITTED TO THE PROTECTION OF ITS EMPLOYEES AND OTHERS FROM ACCIDENTAL INJURY AND WE WILL PROMOTE
OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY, HEALTH AND WELFARE.
OUR DIRECTORS AND OUR EXECUTIVE WILL:
- Appoint a SAFETY MANAGER to be responsible for Safety and Health.
- Promote EMPLOYEE CONSULTATION AND PARTICIPATION and regularly consult with the Safety Representatives and Union Reps or Safety Committee.
- Have APPROPRIATE POLICIES for safety planning and business objectives; staff selection and training; safety representative selection and training.
- Ensure PROVISION OF RESOURCES to make it possible for policies to be achieved effectively and efficiently.
- Comply with all LEGISLATIVE REQUIREMENTS Regs, Standards, COP.
- Ensure that safety SYSTEMS, PROCEDURES AND DOCUMENTS are reviewed periodically and are monitored for effectiveness.
- Have a goal of CONTINUAL IMPROVEMENT of safety.
- Have a policy for EARLY RETURN TO WORK of injured employees.
- We will require ACCURATE REPORTING AND RECORDING.
ALL MANAGERS WILL BE PERSONALLY ACCOUNTABLE:
- For the health and safety PERFORMANCE CRITERIA for work areas over which hey have control, & have GOALS OR TARGETS for each Department or area.
- Managers will ensure their continued MANAGEMENT COMPETENCE in Health and Safety. They will have a PERFORMANCE REVIEW annually.
ALL MANAGERS AND STAFF WILL HAVE INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR
HEALTH AND SAFETY AND WILL:
- Promote Health and Safety, and maintain a safe workplace, safe equipment and proper materials.
- Establish and insist upon safe methods and safe practices at all times, and ensure employee participation at all levels.
- Ensure that Safety Representatives are selected and trained to help monitor conformance to safety standards.
- Ensure that all employees, and contractors understand and accept their responsibility to promote a safe and healthy workplace.
- Agree to go for ZERO WORKPLACE ACCIDENTS, and have a policy of CONTINUAL IMPROVEMENT for safety performance.